Spy software is any program that allows getting some information about use of smartphone. There are many ways to call them: “spy phone apps”, “spy software” or “monitoring software” – the concept is still the same.
We all have heard something about spy software but actually quite a little people really deal with it. Sometimes, it’s difficult to imagine how useful and comfortable spy tools can be. This information can really be shocking, because some aspect, that we get used to think are out of reach, can be monitored.
One fact that is more important is that spy apps is legal and has no restrictions for purchasing it.
According to some terminology, this type of software can be called both “spy” or “monitoring”, in legal documents and formal speech using “monitoring software” is more common.
What most of people need it for? Fortunately, not for catching cheating lovers as first marketing campaigns used to offer. Now monitoring tools are powerful instruments for controlling children or employees’ phones.
What do Spy Phone Apps Offer?
Monitoring software can deal only with smartphones – those phones that can connect to internet and have their web browsers. Those phones that do not have any access to internet can’t be monitored.
A phone that you want to spy after shall be compatible with monitoring software as well.
Some programs are able to work not only on smartphones but on Tablets also.
Most of companies have similar basic features to offer:
- SMS monitoring – this allows you to read messages that are received or sent from certain phone. It can also provide you with some details like date, time, contact number etc.
- Information on calls – it’s possible to see all details about recent calls including duration;
- Web history – this will allow you to know which sites are visited from the phone;
- GPS monitoring – you can check where the phone is and see it on a map;
- Data on E-mail – most of programs give you detailed information about messages sent and received by e-mail;
- Files that are stored – do you know what a holder keeps on the phone? You can easily watch pictures, videos and other files.
These features are basic, they are offered by most companies. But there are also some advanced features that goes by additional fee.
Modern producers of spy software have quite dangerous competitors and that’s the reason why more interesting features are developed.
Among interesting advanced features there are:
- Recording of calls – it allows to record voice calls. Some programs also allow to download the record and to come back to it whenever you need;
- Monitoring of some main messengers – some application for sending messages and making internet calls are available for monitoring now (e.g. Viber, Skype, WhatsApp etc.);
- Monitoring of social platforms and sites – you can get information on user’s activity on several social media sites;
- Spy recording of current phone surroundings – this is amazing feature and works just like a bug, you can switch recording process and it will make you understand what’s going on around the targeting phone;
- Remote access – there are some programs that allow you to make some manipulations with target phone without any physical access to it;
- Monitoring and controlling of applications that are installed on the phone – it’s possible to check the whole list of installed apps and also to deal with them. For example, you can block or remove certain applications.
These features are far not all what spy apps can offer to you. There are also new possibilities that appear very fast. The companies always catch any opportunity to be first on the market so their features become more advanced and attractive.